In partnership with Northern Health, TR CARES runs a free medical travel service every Thursday from Tumbler Ridge to Chetwynd to meet the Northern Health bus.
TR CARES also takes Tumbler Ridge residents to Dawson Creek, Fort Saint John and Grande Prairie for medical appointments. The service is only for people who are travelling for medical reasons.
Book your trip
- Call 250-242-7444. Messages are checked each weekday morning; someone will get back to you. Please have your Care Card or BC Services Card and the date, time and address of your appointment available.
- This service is free.
Pickup and drop-off
- We provide door-to-door service between your home and your medical appointment
- The van leaves Tumbler Ridge every Thursday as early as 8 am, depending on the time of passengers’ appointments.
- To make the program efficient, we schedule up to six appointments on the same day
- The time of your appointment may mean that you have to wait most of the day before returning
- There may be optional pickups at malls so passengers have something to do while they wait. Please limit your shopping to one bag.
- The driver may also make stops so that passengers can get prescriptions or other medical supplies.
Who can use TR CARES?
TR CARES schedules up to six passengers for each trip. Tumbler Ridge residents can use the program if they;
- Are British Columbia residents with valid BC Care Cards or BC Services Cards;
- Don’t need medical care during transportation;
- Are traveling for a physician-referred medical service or for a health care service not available Tumbler Ridge and/or have been transported to Dawson Creek by ambulance and wish to use the service to return home during its regularly scheduled weekly trip.
- For information on policies, bringing a companion and more, see the TR CARES brochure.