Who can use Northern Health Connections?
- Northern residents who have to travel outside their home community for non-emergency health care. If you are travelling for an appointment, you will have to fill out an Appointment Verification Form.
- Northern residents who need to get home after travelling by ambulance to another community.
- People with mobility challenges. All buses are wheelchair/mobility accessible and include lifts and accessible washrooms.
- Anyone 60 years or older.
- A travel companion can travel with you if you need support - See the Companions page for details.
- Compassion companion travel for immediate family who have to support family members who require health care services outside of their home community.
**People with medical appointments, require the use of mobility lifts, and companions required to assist travel will receive priority for reservations**
- You must not need ongoing medical care during the trip.
- You must have a valid BC CareCard or BC Services Card.
- Passengers younger than 18 must travel with a companion who has written permission to travel with them, or a parent or legal guardian.
- Passengers aged 18 and older must carry photo ID.
- Companions must also carry photo ID.
- You will be required to either complete an employment verification form, or provide a reason for travel.