Important: Check the online NH Connections schedule before arranging your appointment with your healthcare professional. This way, you can make sure NH Connections can get you there on time.
Steps to follow:
- You need healthcare services outside your home community.
- Check our online schedule to choose a good time for your appointment. For short trips, your appointment can be the same day as your trip; for long-distance trips arriving in the evening, such as a trip to Vancouver, make your appointment for a following day.
- Book your healthcare appointment in your destination city to coordinate with our bus schedule. When making your appointment, tell the medical office assistant or booking clerk that you’re taking the NH Connections bus, and that your appointment needs to be on a particular weekday. Be sure to record your appointment’s time, date, and location.
- Call 1-888-647-4997 or book online to reserve your seat on the bus. If a companion is traveling with you, book their seat at the same time (it will cost the same as yours). Please have the following information ready:
- Your name, address, and phone number
- The name and phone number of an emergency contact person
- Your BC Services Card number or Care Card number
- Name and phone number of the health care professional you’re traveling to see
- Date and time of your appointment
Northern Health Connections protects your privacy in the handling of all personal information.
How to pay
- Use Visa or MasterCard when you call 1-888-647-4997 to reserve your seat, or when you book online.
- Use one of the wireless debit machines on each bus. These accept Interac, Visa and MasterCard.
- Use tickets from a pre-purchased NH Connections ticket book. Each book costs $100 and contains ten $10 tickets. Buy with a Visa, MasterCard or purchase order. For more information, call 1-888-647-4997. All conditions of travel still apply.
- We don’t accept cash.
- Passengers will be allowed to travel on the bus only after they have bought a ticket.