Accommodation and travel at your destination
On many occasions when patients travel for healthcare
services, it requires an overnight stay. Accommodation and local travel
(for example, city buses in Vancouver) are not included in the NH
Connections service. Please arrange your accommodation before your trip.
If the city you’re staying in doesn’t have a hotel in the
listings below, contact the hotel of your choice and ask for a medical
rate. Many hotels have medical rates but don’t advertise them.
Please note: Northern Health doesn’t endorse
any specific hotel or motel. The information on this page is provided
only for your convenience.
Hotels that have special medical rates in the communities our buses travel, select your destination below for details. All rates are before taxes.
- You may have to show your Northern Health Connections verification form when you check in.
- If you don’t have a credit card, you may have to give the hotel a $200 cash deposit.
- Most hotels don’t list a medical room
rate on their websites; please phone or email them to confirm your
- Please confirm the times for restaurant, room service, and other amenities to ensure they’re open when you arrive.
- If you need wheelchair access or a special needs room, tell the hotel or motel when you make your reservation.
BC Ministry of Health – medical rates for accommodation
The Ministry has a list of hotels and motels that provide
medical rates. Please note that Northern Health does not maintain this
BC Ministry of Health - BC Family Residence Program
The BC Family Residence Program provides subsidized
accommodation for families with a child who is receiving care at BC
Children's Hospital or Sunny Hill Health Centre for Children (both are
in Vancouver). For details, see the BC Family Residence Program's webpage or call Variety – The Children’s Charity of British Columbia at 1-866-496-6946.
Canadian Cancer Society lodges
The Canadian Cancer Society has lodges in Vancouver, Prince
George, Kelowna and Victoria for cancer patients and their caregivers.
All are located close to cancer treatment centres. See their accommodation page for details.